Monday, November 28, 2011

Lots has happened. I finished the walk a day early due to all night mobbing. I got to Finisterre on the 24th and slept on the beach. Epic. After two days of stress, a twelve hour train ride, I night spent in a bush in Alicante, and eternal wet feet I arrived in Pedreguer, a medium sized fishing village on the east coast of Spain between Valencia and Alicante. I am working for an old man named Ken Upton. He looks almost exactly like Bilbo Baggins. His house is a cluttered rat hole filled with experiments and alternative energy generators built out of plastic bottles and crap. The man is a genius, and completely insane. I will be helping him invent hydrogenerators, build homes for fishes, maintain and sail his boat Puff which is rigged with a horizontal sail system that Ken invented. I am currently the only volunteer and I have my own fully equipped apartment. I got the wood burning stove working with a little persuasion from a hammer, and I finally got the gas for the hot water and range going. I have a house. It is sweet. Lots of rain in Spain for the moment, but it is so good to be in one place for a moment. I may be moving onto the ship soon. Time will tell. While it rains we have been occupying most of our time drinking tea by the fire and talking about ridiculous science.

1 comment:

  1. Send pictures! Quiero veo bilbo and also tu casa y tu sweet face! Besos. Ma

    ReplyDelete