Tuesday, November 22, 2011

After exactly one month of walking, Santiago! I'm here! It's very odd. Now that I've reached the end I don't know how to feel. Part relief, part sadness, large part tranquility. It is raining and I will now continue for another 100km to Finisterra and the ocean.
       During the time I spent walking alone I discovered that cows are good listeners. When I would come across a group of cows I would tell them a story or some other kind of oration, and they would listen attentively without interrupting. Polite creatures, cows.
     Clothing blowout has become an issue. The buckle that holds my pants up has shot off. My base layer shirt appears to be rotting. One pair of socks has disintegrated completely. The rest of my socks have become poison as the toes of my boots have torn away and the mud flows in and out of my shoes freely. I just hope these boots will keep their soles until Finisterra.









3 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear you are orating to the cows instead of tipping them, unlike your evil mother in her misguided youth...
    I love your photos...particularly the hood with Jesus armwrassling the beelzebub! Excellent! Come home and we will paint it on the hood of my civic.
    besos,
    madre

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess one could say you were ruminating with the ruminators! If you recited Rumi to them you would be ruminating about Rumi with the ruminators! Don't you miss me??!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm super jealous Simon! I'm glad you made it to the finish and that is pretty cool (and so typical of you) to try to sleep in random off beat places. It has brought me a lot of joy to read your blog and I cant wait to hear about your next adventure!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete